Thursday, November 13, 2008

Additions & Updates

I did a quick re-working of the main Sakya Outline Page on the HAR website. To this I added at the bottom, as you already saw, the Sakya Protectors Outline. Linked to that is a new outline page for Panjarnata Mahakala. Panjarnata is a very complex deity because he is both a protector with many forms and, in Sakya, a Meditational Deity (ishtadevata) of the Anuttarayoga classification. I still have more work to do on this and I am not sure if I remembered the Five Lineages of Panjaranata accurately. I have a feeling that the Mal Lotsawa and the Rinchen Zangpo lineages are the same which means that I have forgotten one. I can look it up when I return back to New York next week.

Also new to the Sakya Outline Page is the Monasteries & Branch Schools outline. This new page will become more meaningful and develop as I upload all of the images from my various trips to Tibet and hopefully the images that my students also took at the various locations relating to Sakya.

No comments: